Monday, June 1, 2009

Tristes Apprets, Pales Flambeaux


gently as the last waves of twilight fade into darkness 
you hold my wrists, as if they were crystal 
and the shadows cast so gracefully on your face
which I draw close 
the sweet taste of wine still lingers on your lips 
matches your eyes, reflecting the dying candles
and there we stay 
lost and still
There we move back and forth 
suspended in the night air
The motion starts
still quiet, all the more careful 
we connect
and for that fraction of a second
everything that seemed to matter 
brushed away
just us there alone forever together complete and understood 
I rarely feel that connection 
when I awake 
its only special since I don't dream often 
but sometimes if I by chance brush against someone 
or their hand lingers after an embrace 
I feel you somewhere 
but I can only wonder 
if you feel me too

No comments:

Post a Comment